View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Senior Contributor

No chip? I hate to say it but if he's that friendly someone is probably missing him. Or he was dumped. We have one similar, who must definitely have lived in a house and with a dog before, he loves our dog.

I would introduce to the dogs one at a time. Supervise carefully outside. In my experience if the dogs won't chase the cat won't run and vice versa, a real catch 22, and they will all get along just fine.

WE have gates in our house, built first to protect and confine puppy but still used as one cat has special food. The gates have cat sized holes in them.

A training tip from one of our trainers really changed puppy and dog interactions in our house. The trainer said if puppy is too slow or goofing around when training, say, SIT, then treat the other dog. Only one dog here so I used a cat. Not only did puppy's little black backside hit the floor so quickly next time that it smacked it also seemed to instill a respect for the cat. It seemed to teach both that good things happened when the other was around. Your dogs are trained but you could try this, one at a time. Or even just treat in each other's company, maybe a gate between at first.

Have fun. In my experience kittens just LOVE dogs.