View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM

Thank you for your suggestions. I haven't had another round of blood work done, nor the urine test. I went to my vet's office and spoke at length with him about the symptoms. He did not recommend either option. It's not typical vestibular syndrome -- there was no sudden, dramatic onset. My cat very gradually is losing his balance and coordination. From my observations, I think the reason he isn't drinking is partly because he's not thirsty now that I'm getting fluids into him another way, but also because he can't seem to figure out what to do. He seems to lack the coordination it takes to drink water. Even when he's eating, he seems to forget what he's doing and start to walk away. When I redirect him, he eats some more. His mind is very scrambled and his attention span is pretty much zero.

I am debating another trip to the vet just so I can feel like we covered all the bases. However, I don't want to traumatize my poor cat again if it's hopeless. I trust my vet -- he's cared for my animals for many, many years; he's a good diagnostician and is very caring.

I'm still crossing my fingers that there will be a dramatic turn-around but I'm coming to grips with the idea that it's becoming less and less likely.