View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I'm a softy

Last summer we were up at clear lake, an hour north, to enjoy nature, moose, elk, bear, we were in wasagaming and this car comes zooming down the road, there was a sqirrel, and they didnt even slow down. Amazing, there in paradise, where animals are always on the road, (national park) someone could show such little regard...
The squirrel was injured, fatalily, but was hanging on to life, i screamed as i saw him struggling on the road, drew quite a crowd, many didnt think i was crazy, and loved the little guy too..
He was suffering very badly, very badly, he really struggled, we made a makeshift gas chamber with a persons van. As sick as it sounds. . We couldnt watch him suffer in such pain, for probably hours before he would certainly die. It was so heartbreaking, i will never forget it.
I have never hit anything, and i hate when someone does, and keeps going like nothing important happend.

I do disagree with hunting, and also large scale factory farming. I believe if one must eat meat it should be domestic animals created for meat, raised humanely, and organicaly, and killed and prepared with respect. I dont eat meat, my family does, i get all the meat from friends, neighbors, and take it to an abbatoir i trust. I will never buy an egg from the store that is not free run and organic, that is the most cruel industry.
We rescued 3 young commercial hens, they were at a trade show where they had the stackable cages set up to show the public what it is like. We begged for days for some, repeatedly were told no, as they are commercial chickens, geneticly modified, and the public is not allowed to own them. Finally after 6 days the man caved, threw 3 into a box and told us to get out of there fast! There were many left behind.
They lived free, a huge warm house, they made a new nest everyday, and they would all lay their egg in the same place. We let them out loose every a.m. And they would return at night. It was awesome to take them home and watch them spred their wings for the first time!
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter