View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM

Thanks guys!!

Great advice -- we want to start preparing ahead of time so that there is less stress on everyone when the day comes, so bring it on, the more advice the better!!

One of my worries with Jermy is that he is just so big, and a baby is so small... even when he smells something, he tends to poke it with his nose and his big head can be too much for a small baby... the kitties have been reinforcing to him that when he sniffs too roughly he gets a smack on the head, but still... he is also a bit 'clumsy', if he is busy playing with a toy he may fling it all over the house, bump into things while playing, etc...

we tought him the 'careful' command, but it was in relation to taking treats/object from our hands... not something that would apply to the baby i woudl think

Jermy loves people, kids, etc. so I am not really worried about him being unwelcoming, more like i am worried of him being a bit too excited and too welcoming about this fun new thing that makes fun noises and occasionally makes poop smells (which is a big yummy for Jermy )

I am also worried that he may feel jealous, etc. when there will be this new 'thing' in the house that he is not allowed to play with or to 'check out' too much... I want him to associate the baby with good things and good times, not with 'this is the time mom wont let me help'.. he has been our big baby for almost 4 years and participates in EVERYTHING we do, so i am worried he will be upset when he wont be allowed in the nursery, etc. (I dunno, i may be over analyzing this but he is my baby too and i dont want him to be upset)

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."