View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Sorry you are having these troubles. You do seem to be right on top of it though so I'm sure your pup will get the help he needs.

Quote:
The water is both cold and changed often
Several others beat me to it but I also have noted that none of mine like cold water. Given the chance they all, cats and dog, prefer the pail outside that sits outside on the deck. It gets quite warm even though we change it once a day. Could you try leaving a container out to warm up? Maybe you should give the tap water a try for a while too, just to see if he'll drink something. Drinking something is surely better than not drinking? It might be what he was used to before you got him?

Quote:
On Friday I noticed that he had what looked like a drop of puss on the end of his penis.
That could be smegma, a normal male discharge. It looks a lot like pus and often has a yellow or greenish hue to it. And yes, the boys like to lick themselves. What did the Vet say about it?

Where does Sage live during the day? Is he crated? Some folks leave their pooch in the crate for far too long. Most dogs will try not to soil their crate and if that means they are "holding on" it can make for a UTI. Every woman's doctor ever has probably told her that. Could be a contributing cause for Sage too. I do see that he rings a bell, but is he left alone and crated for periods of time as well? Just an idea to consider.

Poor little guy, hope he is feeling better soon.