View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:43 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasp615 View Post
I don't give him tap water because we have a high floride in our water and we ourselves don't drink it.
FINALLY someone on this forum besides me understands fluoride. But keep watch on the "ingredients" list on the bottled water you get. Sometimes they too have fluoride. I got laughed at one time because I told a story of a man with a cat who drank water from a well, only to move to a city where the cat began to drink city water and then the cat died a few weeks later. Ah well you can't convince everyone I guess. There's more in that city water besides fluoride and chlorine! And public record. Anyone can look up their municipal water supply and talk to someone who works there about what goes into the water and what their filtration systems cannot remove.

What's the sodium content on the broth you're giving? Homemade or store bought? Keep in mind that any liquid from the grocery store like canned or box broth is also made with water and there's really no way to know if the water they used contains fluoride or not.

You may have to get the subcutaneous fluid thing going though. Your vet can show you how to do it. I don't think it's that expensive.

Hope your dog gets to feel better real soon!!
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper