View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2010, 10:43 AM

Unhappy At My Whits End.....My boy just won't stop

Tyson is an alpha male dog of Jack Russell/Pug decent and is extremely dominant. I understand the logic behind the reason for my mature male dog to urinate in the house marking his territory but, if one of the reasons is because he sees our neighbours dogs (all three neighbours have dogs), how do I stop this habit? Also, this behaviour started when my daughter brought her male puppy to our house and he urinated on my furniture but that was a year ago. He was then neutered and doesn't do it any more but, my Tyson still pees in every room in the house on the corners of tables, beds, pots, drapes. I'm at my whits end and don't know how to end this reign of terror. We are in the process of scheduling to have the carpets replaced with hardwood floors although I'm not sure if this will make it worse to clean up as the urine will seep through the floor boards. As I've said, I am at my whits end and don't know what to do next.........Having read some of the responses to other peoples urination problems perhaps my next step is to use viniger and water as an alternative to cleaning fluids and quarantine him to the tiled floor during the day instead of free range. Please help......