View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:38 PM

Hi. Just to update. Millie was with the vet and has had skin biopsies (8 in total) taken and they have been sent to the Laboratory for testing. Should have results by the end of this week - hopefully. The in-clinic test (under microscope) showed no mites or no yeast, which concerns me somewhat as I was convinced it was a yeast infection and was well prepared for that. I had done extensive research on how best to treat her without resorting to drugs as she is old and I don't really want to introduce strong drugs that may compromise her other organs. She's already on Metacam for a disc problem in her back. I had even contacted the suppliers of good soil based probiotics, immune boosting supplements and a low allergen raw food as so may people had great success with raw for yeast issues.
But now I'm in limbo and have to wait for the results and pray that there is nothing more serious wrong with my baby.
Her thyroid was last tested in July of last year and was within normal range and hypothyroidism is the only illness that ticks most of her boxes.
Unless, as Longblade says above, that it is a bacterial infection. If so, I will be back here looking for more advice.