Thread: RIP Dracko
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Senior Contributor

I appreciate all your kind words. I know, myself, that I find it hard to read the threads posted in this forum because they make me cry.

I am trying to give Smitty extra loving. Tonight when I got home he looked so lonely.

Not sure how many of you have encountered this when losing a pet, but I found I used Dracko names MANY times in usernames on the internet (as with this forum) as well as incorporated in to passwords. The passwords for our computers at my store for everyone includes Dracko's name (along with numbers). The day I lost him I went home and logged on to my internet banking for the store and, yup, included in the username I have saved the account under is "Dracko." Seems like everytime I turn around something reminds me of him or involves his name.

It's not all sad when I think of that, though. Lets me know how big of a part he played in my life. It's not like just cuz he's gone I have to remove everything about him. I washed out his water bowl and have filled it for the cats. They used to sneak drinks out of it all the time. At first I asked my nephew to put it out of my sight and then later I thought otherwise. Smitty has been sleeping on Dracko's bed so I've left that out, too.

He was so protective as most GSDs are. I barely worried if the door was locked to the house or not. Certainly that has changed now. I'll miss that sense of security he gave me.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!