View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2011, 02:48 PM
chronically insane.

Exclamation What to say to rescue friend who won't spay preg dog?

Hey guys.. I'm in a bit of a pickle here. My wonderful friend is running her own rescue group now and mostly works with pits. Well, she pulled a dog from death row that was going to be PTS and the dog may be preg.

I asked her if she wanted me to get her squeezed in with a vet that will spay her ASAP, and she said no she is going to be letting the dog have the puppies (if she is pregnant) because she doesn't agree with that.

I really don't know what to do. I told her some information and personal experiences about just letting a random dog have puppies, but she disagreed and said she has seen dogs 'become depressed from abortions' and the dogs are never the same.

I know most of you on here are very pro s/n so that's why I need your help. I don't know if I should just back down what. She's a great person and really helps dogs but I just don't understand how people who KNOW what happens to dogs, especially pits, in shelters could purposely allow a dog to have puppies?? Especially since they don't even know if the dog is even pregnant? I don't know if she is just planning to wait and see if the dog has puppies in the foster home or if she is going to waste a ton of money on tests or what?

Help!

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009