View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_Man View Post
14+ Kitties: Tux actually never eats quickly. I can give him heaps of food and he just munches on it the entire day, he has never had large portions to eat at once. He's used to there always being food present for him since he was very little, so he doesn't gorge big portions down, ever. The notion that "he must be eating too much too fast" is not correct, that's just not the way he eats.

Sorry. I was going by what it sounded like in your original posting.

Oh and I recently discovered that he WILL eat lettuce. Quite a bit too. I suppose it's an okay replacement for grass. People say cats eat grass to help them throw up, but I believe cats are going more for the nitrilocide in grass and leafy greens, as I'm sure modern cat food has none of it.
Wow!! Researchers and vets for years and years have not been able to give a definitive answer or ascertain with absolute certainty why cats eat grass. Good on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_Man View Post
My question is: is there a certain preservative that is added to wet food that he may be allergic to?
If you believe there is something in the cat food that is affecting your cat to the point where he is throwing up every day then I can only suggest you cut out all foods you are currently feeding and start with the basics again. Why not try a novel protein like rabbit, venison, etc.? But then you probably already have.
Other than that the only other thing I can do is give you the standard fool-proof "go to the vet" answer. If one of my 42+ cats are ever throwing up on a regular basis they go in yesterday.
I am sorry we could not help you more than this.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!