View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Thanks mf. My next statement was going to be if she was back in the shelter for good I would adopt her. Don't know if we would have a place to live when I would have to tell hubby yet another cat was moving into the house but..............
I know you would not have left her there without good reason but wanted to double check. Thank you for setting this ol' gals' mind at rest.
Oh heavens No. If I make the committement then it is a done deal. I told her that she had a home and I mean it. Whether it is with my daughter or myself, she will never be in danger of rehoming or being surrendered. So no worries there. I brought her back there as I am 2.5 hours from where my daughter lives. But I learned a very valuable lesson in all this. Can you believe...I never thought of sourcing out a good vet BEFORE taking her. I should have done this! My bad, but there you go - something we can pass onto people BEFORE they get a pet. See - you learn something new every darn day and even I who have been doing this for years neglected this very important and obvious part when adopting. Go figure.

Suki was de-clogged and doing great. She is moving around and eating very well as well as deficating normal stools. The vet is going to advise me on her future today. Once she is sturdy, I am bringing her to Montreal to see my vet for more work up to pinpoint the problem as they still are not sure but they did say that the starvation could be the culpret.

So thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes. It appears that they are received!!!!