View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
I just clicked on here to post, automatically (that's what conditioning will do for you)...then suddenly wondered if I should be posting in the health forum; since I'm here already, maybe I'll outline things quickly-or as briefly as I can.

One of our senior cats-Goose, the bathroom sink diva-has fairly suddenly increased her water intake. This would seem to indicate kidney complications, so I'm making a vet app't for Tues. or Wed.

We have experienced somewhat similar symptom development in our senior critters, but it's been a while; I do recall some 'differential diagnoses'. I'm always concerned, but even more so in the case of Goose, as she's always been quite frail.

(Well, tough and stubborn as all get out in the psychological sense; we adopted her as a young cat, after she'd 'played chicken' with a car, and come out of it with some neurological damage...)

I'm also worried, as my super vet s-i-l avec 'diplomate' et al. even had an ultimately swiftly terminal kidney situation sneak up on her in her own housecat. It would seem things can get bad, fast, without a lot of prior indication, even with a regular geriatric test battery.

While we wait for the vet app't, I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with a similar scenario (I know I'm sort of speculating, not being a vet, of course), and if so, what their experience may have been?

Thanks, and sorry for the sombre tone...

p.s. Tally is as entertaining as ever, just hard to appreciate as much at the moment.