View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottie481 View Post
I am 16 weeks pregnant and I'm very afraid about this happening with the baby or another incident with Charlie.
Overall, Molly is a kind dog but does sometimes show aggression to other dogs but she has never attacked - she only shows teeth.
I REALLY want to help her. I can't bear to get rid of her. I love her and Charlie so much. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Becky

p.s. About the pregnancy thing... I always thought she would be good with kids a few young children/babies have been over and she's been fine. But now I am very worried.
Hmm Beagle/Terrier and Chihuawa......

This part has me worried... Maybe some "pre-child I want to make sure my dogs respect all people training is in order" ? the LAST thing you want is your baby to go near the dog when it's eating anything unless this is corrected before hand. Has there been ANY "people issues" in the past? If not, you shouldn't have problems. May be a short lived dominance struggle when the new baby shows up. If that happens, you will need to end that very quickly.

There is dog aggression as well here, but I'm unsure if it's a dominance or a fear thing... ?

Last edited by brecker; September 8th, 2009 at 10:02 AM.