View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
I have a glass container, so if I have anything left over when I feed my gang, I put it in there. Then, I just microwave it. You really don't need to give it too much time.

I'd suggest getting a couple of small containers, I prefer glass you can microwave. Then separate what you don't use, so you can just give them a container at each feeding. Maybe heat it up about 10 seconds, mix it a bit, add warm water, then hit it again with a few more seconds. It really doesn't have to be steaming, just slightly warm or room temperature.

I think you can probably have it in the fridge for a couple of days. Just don't ever store it in the can.
This was my solution as well. I have one who is a gobbler (Yeti) and one who is a picky little nibbler (Sparks). Sparks would take a few licks and walk away and then Yeti would swoop in, finish up his second helping and promptly bring it all back up!

I now buy the large cans of Wellness and scoop out a couple of tablespoons each, twice a day (about the equivalent of 1/3 cup per day). The rest goes into a wide mouthed glass canning jar. The whole can lasts about 3 days -give or take. Yeti eats whatever you put down; warm, cold, fresh, not fresh, etc. Sparks still just nibbles if you just give her wet so I mix about a dozen pieces of kibble into her serving and that seems to get her to finish the serving before Yeti gets to it.

*sigh* if we weren't cat slaves what WOULD they do, huh?

"The Kids"
~Corkie - Tuxedo, at the bridge (probably hogging the sunbeam)
~Sparks - Calico, 15 yrs
~Jollip - Senegal Parrot, 13 yrs
~Yeti - Himalayan, 12 yrs
~Pepin - Silver Martin/Dwarf Rabbit, 8 yrs