View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Crazy Monkey Casper

Update

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you am update as it's been a busy 2-weeks!

Muffy started to pass urine in her blood about 8-days ago, nothing major, but concerning. We were able to obtain a sample to test for a UTI, but the results came back negative. Our vet had indicated that the cancer could affect the bladder at some point by causing inflammation resulting in bleeding. we have been trying several treatments to see if we can get it to stop, which include homeopathic and Chinese based, but currently there are no signs of it stopping. We have halted the low dose aspirin therapy to see if that would help, but it's been a week now and no real changes. Muffy also developed an ulcer in her eye, which we have been treating for 10-days now, but there is always a bloody discharge (very small amount). I am hoping that it will clear up int he next few days, but concerned about the continued bleeding.

I read SCM's link to the quality of life scale, as I think we need to be prepared, and I would say, today, that all things are on the positive side. Muffy is eating (like a hound in most cases), still going outside, purrs and does not seem to be in any pain (other than me always poking and prodding at her).

I am not sure how long this will last, but will enjoy the time we have with her and take it day-by-day. we might just get lucky and one of the treatments might kick in and stop it, miracles happen everyday and she could sure use one or two after the past couple of months she has had:sad:

As one famous song lyrics say, "where are here for a good-time, not along-time", so quality of life for Muffy is important and want her to be happy.