View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'm a softy

this is interesting, had not seen this thread before...

I feed ( fed) my dogs orijen for a long time, but I am in a very small city in nowhere land.. and it is only available in one store, that now sells bunnies and hamsters and ferrets ect.. so I am no longer going there.. So.. we have 3 other pet stores, one ( vinnies) sells dogs so I have never been in there don't know what they have, one sells mid range food, it is called pet lovers, near my house so I go there for toys and chewies all the time, pro plan and stuff like that.. then the other has some better food now, no orijen or innova, but they do have wellness but my dogs don't do well on it..

ANyway I found a food called BG-before grain, and I love it, my dogs are going crazy it was not expensive $24 for 7lbs, compared to $43 wellness, $45 orijen, $57 innova,v( those are the only foods I have ever fed) here are the ingredients off my bag,

chicken deboned, chicken meal,potato, turkey meal, canola oil, sweet potato,yeast culture, dried chicken liver, crude protien 32%, crude fat 15%, crude fiber 3%,moisture 11%

I am happy with it, I like that there are no grains,there is salmon oil and for carbs a decent varitey of good veggies, there is also blueberris and acai berries ect further down on the list, so far I am happy and I have a lab with allergies.. I also grab a few cans of dog food, they have 100% tripe, ect, there is nothing in the can but tripe and water so it is good to throw on top of some food for them. If anyone else is looking for a pretty good food at a great price, try it! my dogs are going NUTS for it and my lab is usually not so interested in kibble, I am even using it as treats!!