View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.scott View Post
I can a call into the vet, but wondered if you have tried Pepcid AC before? would increasing the SEB help with it?
Got your message, but I'll reply here too. I have used Pepcid before in cats and it does work if stomach acid is indeed the issue. Certainly won't hurt to try since it's a fairly safe med. Usual dose is 1/4 of a 10mg tablet (make sure it's Pepcid AC and not Pepcid Complete or any other variation).

Where the SEB might be useful is if you were to make a syrup with it and syringe some into her mouth. Easier said than done, I know. The syrup has a soothing/coating effect, but if it's very stressful to do that then it might not be worth it. I know my guy has very little tolerance for me fiddling with his mouth. Perhaps Muffy would eat a tbsp of the syrup mixed with a tsp or 2 of yogurt? That might still give her some oral benefits. Glad to hear that the SEB is at least helping her poopage!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler