View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.scott View Post
Is there any issue with the SEM tasting bitter? With Munchkin, I could not find pure SEM and had to use it from a tea form, do you think that wholefoods sells it? I was thinking that might be the best place to try.
I personally don't find it bitter, but who knows how a cat would interpret it. The closest thing I can think of is that it tastes kinda like raw almonds. It's very mild. The biggest factor influencing a cat's like or dislike of something is smell, so if you can hide the smell (and it doesn't smell like much, but a cat's sense of smell is exponentially better than ours) in something else with a stronger smell, like chicken baby food, then it should be fairly easy to administer. Start with a very teensy amount, like 1/8th of a tsp or 1/8th of a capsule, depending on what's available. Make sure if you get capsules that it doesn't have anything else added. I'm not familiar with slippery elm tea but I imagine it's a much coarser texture. The powder is extremely fine.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler