Thread: Wellness
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2009, 01:43 PM
border collie mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post

I have started feeding 3/4 of a 5.5oz can each cat a day. How do I feed the 12.5oz can? (which is clearly cheaper) They would not get a full complete can each day between the two of them. I will be feeding a complete meal of raw at dinner time and the two other meals will be canned for now. Can I take it out of the tin and put into a container? And weigh it when need it? I am confused on how to figure out the portions with a 12.5oz can I am concerned about portion control because of the extra weight my cats carry

i have lids for the cans of food, since neither of my guy get a full can of anything for their meal, you can find them at Zellers for sure, and also at superstore i think. Any pet store would have them too. The are really chep like 1.00? i think..they are good and sturdy and keep their food good, so it is worth it. or you can use a piece of tin foil over the top, i do that also when i cant find when of the lids, it works just the same, excpet i guess it would be slightly cheaper to buy the lid since you can reuse it.