View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM

I am new to this forum and glad I have joined. I live in Canada and a company named Champion Pet Foods makes "Orijen and Acana" Pet foods. BlackDog22 had mentioned that they feed this to their dog - I am going to post an article for you to read (although it is about Orijen cat food it still comes from the same company http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/art...ths/Page1.html .....My friend was going to switch to Orijen for her dog - she contacted the company with several questions (on several different emails) in the last 3 months and not one response. I don't know if anyone sees all the recalls on Pet food??? I see it more and more these days when I search on the internet. It of course is not widely published. I used to feed my cats medi-cal and Royal Canain. They were on special diets with the vet for years. None of the foods helped with their ailments. They just covered them up for a short time. My cats never lost weight, had constant diarhhea, and UTI's kept on reoccuring. Never mind the constipation issue. Since I have put them on raw they have lost weight, and the one cats diarrhea has completely cleared up. My vet that I now take my cats to supports a raw diet. He says that most vets do not have nutritional experience and get kick backs from the pet food companies for selling their pet food.

I have been doing alot of research on the web on a raw diet and see the pros and cons but alot of the cons are by vets who then go to suggest the petfood in their clinic??? I also wonder if some things are posted anonymously by the pet food industries to scare people away from the raw diet so they buy their food?? Just a thought...

Thanks for this forum....