Thread: Bring Brew Home
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post

Would the AC officer not submitting the ticket to city hall be considered an act carried out in good faith?
That is the one issue that I have a problem with! I think it was extremely irresponsible for him not to. This is very tricky because you have a third party involved, an AC officer for one municipality, an impoundment for another municipality, then the owners. If there was nothing in the AC contract with the town stating he had to turn in his ticket by a certain time, can't sue AC, but can sue the town, I guess.

Is the purpose of the ticket to inform the town or is it to get paid for his services?

As for contacting the owner, how can you contact the owner if you have no idea who it is. I thought, not sure, somebody mentioned that Brew was on the found page of the bandon humane society . Wonder if that is why there is another line in the bylaws of Brandon (which is not where she is from so she would have to check those) that state the dog is to have his collar with tags on at all times, and owners shall not allow their dogs unrestrained off their property, so AC can locate the owners.

However, suing the pound, which is what I was talking about had nothing to do with the AC turning in the ticket. Two different municipalities. Because the pound is a third party and has no control over the AC from Carberry can a person still sue? I thought in one of my law classes I was told you couldn't.

I think I remember reading somewhere there is an appeal time for adoptions and seizures, but can't remember which act it was in.

As for no liability, I read that as an liability during impoundment

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey