View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Question Leftover cat food

In trying not to waste so much food, this is what I've done today.

The Fantastic 4 so far will only eat Fancy Feast canned. I buy the small cans, 3.5oz. This morning, they were making a ruckus, so I fed them around 5:30. I gave them each a can. They did what they usually do, ate some then walked away. I waited for a few minutes to see if they wanted more but nobody kept eating.

I took the leftover food and put it in a plastic container and at about 3ish I warmed it up and gave them all some food. Again, they all ate some then walked away.

I need to stretch out what food I have for a couple of weeks. Normally, I'd have thrown away what they didn't eat the second time around, but I stopped and realized, there wasn't anything really wrong with the food. I hated to throw it away because it would be a waste.

I'm also trying to get them to just eat twice a day. I have taken away the kibble I usually leave out for them to munch on during the say for fear that Vlad will continue gaining weight.

Now, my question is, would it be okay for them to eat these leftovers tomorrow for breakfast?
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/