View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I'm trying them on Wellness, but it seems that I haven't found the flavour that both of them love. I'm feeding them each 1/4 of the 6oz can morning and night, so twice a day would be the "recommended" amount.

I was incorrect about the weight of at least one of my cats. Turns out she's only 6.5 lbs, and the other is just over 9, so neither needs to lose any weight.

What I'm noticing is one or the other usually only eats half of what I've set down for them at each mealtime. They might come back to it a short time later, but after about an hour, the food gets kind of crusty and apparently no longer appealling to them. I kind of thought that with approx 12 hrs between feedings, they would be hungry enough to eat the whole amount.

I will persevere though, and experiment with some other brands. This is my first time buying the premium wet food, so am unsure whether to expect them all to be the mushy pate like Wellness? Are there any that have small bits or chunks? Until now, they both really liked the "chunks in gravy" type of wet food.

Thanks again, Jen