Thread: Solid Gold
View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM

Hi Pugsmom87

I have just changed over to Solid Gold Hund N Flocken. The reason I chose this was because the breeder of my new English Springer pup has believed in the product for years. Her business with Springers has been in existence for over 30 years. I had been feeding my schnauzer IAMs.

She reported excellence in health and shiny healthy coats, and as well for treating dogs with horrible skin allergies. I have a Standard Schnauzer. I was trying to decide what type I should buy because as you have heard- there are both grain and grainless SG products. I was interested in the SG Barking at the Moon-high protein, grainless. I feel she provided some common sense which really helped me. My dog is not a high energy working dog-like a border or Husky. These dogs burn alot of energy some are working for 6 hrs day. She indicated that for the average dog- they are not able to burn the calories in these food and some definitely gain weight. There is so much out their- re information and everyone has their opinion.

I made the choice to take the middle road with Solid Gold products. I will probably supplement this with some real protein and veggies for treats. Cagney really likes her new food and has tolerated it well.

Good Luck