View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Queen

Yes the written word, thats a good idea. Brochures usually have pretty pictures too.

Everyone is entitled to chose how they feed thier pet, however I think we need to remember that they have no choice in the matter. If we decide to give them something that is poor quality and deny to ourselves and others we are doing it, then I think there will certainly be some debate. There are obviously some exceptions to the rule and situations that are not so black and white. Hopefully we can all be wise enough to identify those situations.

A vet tech at one point was quite rude to me about feeding dry after I said my cat didn't want to eat the Medi-Cal wet. This is what she said, I kid you not "kibble is just like potato chips and given the chance we would all eat potato chips instead of healthy food". I had already been convinced to think Medi-Cal was the best money could buy plus it didn't make sense that if Medi-Cal was so great the dry would somehow be "potato chips". Now this would have been a great opportunity for her to enlighten me about the high carbohydrate content and the fact that cats are carnivores etc...So I think I can relate to both sides of the coin. Once someone understands healthy eating E.g. eating more veggies, whole grains, lean meats then it really shouldn't be any leap to recognize that it is not much different for any other mammal. If someone is offended by a suggestion to feed/eat healthy(in a polite way of cousres) then maybe they need to consider why they are so upset? I think if someone is really comfortable with what they are feeding they won't get defensive but rather join in the discussions about nutrition.