View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:35 PM
The demons' servant

I can't afford the vet bills...I'm feeding the crap food...I'm aware of these facts in life.

Would anyone really want me to end up splitting my two boys? Have them go to separate homes and end up with separation issues? That's what would likely happen to them if I gave them up.

No I can't afford much and no I can't afford good food. My parents can't afford the good food either. On top of it all if I were to go with a different food it would have to be an ALLERGY formula which is even worse on one's pocket book. Why? Pawz is allergic to chicken and Leo's allergic to beef. When I signed up for the cats I wasn't counting on either of those things.

But I love them. I care for them as best as I can. They're happy here (though they need sturdier toys....too bad dog toys are too big). They love me and I love them. They get lots of love and cuddles and play time. They get dollar store laser pointers and enough catnip balls to make a fort out of.

When I finally get my feet under me and my finances in some sort of stability (ha ha!) I'll put money aside for the cats. For the vet bills. For the random emergencies. THEN I'll worry about the food. THEN I'll worry about paying $80 a month for food for my cats so they can eat it without a wee bit of mushyness out the other end.

Megan