View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:28 PM

You know, I had pretty healthy pets too, growing up, and they ate crappy no name food (I have no idea what, I don't remember) as well as table scraps. Heck, lots of them even ate horse manure on a regular basis lol.

I think that just as with children today, pets today have lots more allergies and things that necessitate a different diet for health. I mean, Prin's dogs and my Maia couldn't thrive off crap food because of their sensitivities... but I think that my Sam could easily do so. He refuses most 'quality' foods anyway.

Years ago, that was the best we had and dogs did just fine... lived long lives, etc (And no, I don't think they were the exception to the rule at all). But now I think we live in a different world, and certainly there are better choices out there... but some dogs are hardy and would do well no matter what they were eating I think, while others you can really see a difference as soon as you switch.

That said, I don't think accosting people in grocery stores is the way to get the word out lol.