View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Learning fast

This may help, we give the cats some cooked food (left over meat as an occasional treat) and it goes before everything else. I get a mix from our butchers of slip and organ meat and all the good stuff that humans won't eat (lung, trachea and other good stuff) and I mix it 50/50 with ground chicken necks and backs (it's like paste) for there morning meal.
The cats are very very picky, that eat holistic blend no problems, but feladie, SG, and Evo RM they turn there noses up at both wet and dry. So instead of wet they get left overs. So I put some of the dog mix (a teaspoon) on the bowl with the leftovers, 10 minutes later it was gone and nothing else was touched, later they returned for the rest of there food once they realized there was no more of the stinky stuff coming. It's been 2 weeks now and the raw mix goes down every morning and is gone within minutes, they might reject it after a while but for now they are accepting the new stuff happily. They are still eating the kibble but they clean up the raw first. So maybe start with some organ finly chopped (cheap at the grocery store) and some ground meat and see how that goes down, you can try this way cheap and it will give you some idea what they will and won't touch. Cats are so much harder to please than the woofers, good luck.