View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Innova causing problems

I bought 5 bags of Innova Senior ( I have 6 dogs and it was on sale)I noticed when I started feeding it that my dogs started drinking ALOT of water , this started middle of Feb....I was thinking UTI, but I work at a vet and I tested the urine and no infection just low Specific gravity. I did do blood work on my oldest dog and he had elevated BUN/Crea, not much but still up, I changed his food and his came down, I did blood work on 3 others and theirs were normal, I really didn't think about it much other than they were going through alot of water.
Then the recall comes out, I am not feeding a recalled food, still have 2 bags to go, the dogs don't really like the food and I have to mix in some cottage cheese or eggs to get them to eat it, the drinking continues.
Finally after the next to last bag I stop and we talk about it and I think it may be the food. Change brands, the drinking stopped overnight. I now go through one bowl of water a day instead of 5-6
Wondering if anyone else had seen this, I still have one bag of Innova same batch that I never opened, am holding it and may send it off to be tested , I will pay for it, I just need to know where to send it too.
Wanted some other opinions.

Claudette