Thread: Raw update
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Rosco, Raw Fed & LOVES IT

Either or. lol

If you served fish for example, whole fish with the organs, then you are feeding the whole percentages.

basically, you want to pretend your feeding an entire animal. Thats where the 80/15/5 come from. So if you feed your dog a whole chicken, and he only ate half. Well, over the next few days you continue feeding it all until its gone. There, you just covered the 80/15/5 over a few days. Understand?

We all don't have whole goats, lamb, or beef cattle laying around in our freezer ready to be eaten, so you feed a variety of meats, some meaty bones, and some organs when you can, and your fine. If you can feed whole prey, like whole fish, whole rabbit, mice, etc, then thats fine too.

I can kinda see what your getting at. And if I'm guessing correctly, your probably trying to calculate by weight over a two week period how much meat/organ/bone to feed

Don't even worry about it. Just feed a variety of meats & meaty bones and toss them a few organs a few times a week and your gravy My guy gets organs when i remember to give em. I'll root through the deep freeze and see a package and think, hmm, haven't feed organs in a while, and take em out. Simple as pie

Their impression of power is remarkable. They give one the feeling of immense reserves of energy, of great reservoirs of knowledge, of tolerance of disposition, obstinacy of purpose, and tenacity of principle. They are responsive, and they have a lot of quiet, good sense.

-J. Wentworth Day, from The Dog in Sport, 1938