View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Owned by Saints

I soooo feel your pain!! My male Saint had a similar problem. I swore up an down that he had a grain or protein intolerance or IBS/IBD. I couldn't feed him anything without it causing 'booty blowout' and the ONLY kibble he could eat without problems was a fish based kibble. Also because of the chronic diarrhea he wasn't gaining weight properly, and at one point he looked horrible. :sad:

This was ongoing from 9 weeks of age up until he 18 or so months old. He can now eat *most* of the foods that he couldn't eat before. We even switched him off the fish based kibble to Canidae that has 4!! different protein sources with no problem whatsoever. Plus now that he is properly digesting his food he's gaining weight, althought he still could use a few more pounds he looks tons better.

But almost a thousand dollars in vet visits and tests and the 'booty blowout' just stopped by itself one day! Go figure.. LOL

Definitely get the probiotics and digestive enzymes, they worked wonders for Bubba during that time. Walmart should have them as well as any drugstore in the vitamin isle.