View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Honest Contributor

sigh. don't listen to the ignorant people, lynlyn yes pork necks are fine to feed but they are very boney so you will need to add pork meat of some kind to balance the day's food intake.

if you cannot find a friendly butcher who understands, just don't mention anything as it's none of their business HOW you raise you boy. there will ALWAYS be folks who will have a "horror story" to discourage you (sure, a dog eating week-old scraps off a dirty floor might get sick - but you're not feeding that way, are you?) LOL besides how many dogs get sick on kibble every day. meh, just shrug it off and trust your own intelligence to make the right decisions. a bunch of us here did that and our furkids are doing superbly

i mostly shop at 4 grocery stores (Intermarché, Metro, IGA and Maxi) to stock up on meat sales as I don't have to speak to anyone, i just buy the stuff and go on my merry way. I did find a very friendly butcher who, after hearing about WHY i buy cases of beef heart and organ meats on a regular basis, is now working with a local vet to develop raw meat mixes for sale to the public! so the demand is there, it's growing, and many vets are getting on board too.

stay focused, stay calm, and give that boy his dinner with confidence. find him some nice lean pork butt to supplement the necks, try giving him some fish, some eggs, if you can find a PA Supermarché in your area, lamb is on sale at $1.49/lbs this week so maybe you could try a bit. if you want to try Green Tripe I can point you to some sources (stinks like cow poop but the dogs love it).

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love: