Thread: Hunter killed
View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Owned by goldens

As far as hunting for antlers??? I really have never heard of anyone shooting an animal for the rack alone. Perhaps things are different in a far less populated area such as where i am from. Hunters from around here hunt for food. Freezers are filled with meat and the exchanges begin ( ex. we hunted moose and the neighbour hunted deer, we trade some moose for deer and so on.) Perhaps my family and comunity are the only exceptions to the "brainless idiots"

During the week I live in the city but on weekends I live in the country. My country neighbors are not rich people and depend on the hunting season to fill their freezers and feed their families. I don't know about exchanging meat as I don't hunt and am just a weekend resident. After a couple of years they are starting to accept us city folks so maybe they will invite us to share with them one day
I will agree that there are some that ruin it for everyone. Last fall I found what I think was the stomach of a deer left on a path I walk with my dogs. I have no idea who left it there but I seriously doubt it was a local hunter.
I have relatives that do hunt and eat the meat they kill. I also have a relative that buys cow and deer hides. He in turn sells them to companies that make leather products including companies like GM. This is not a sideline business but his livelihood. No part of the animal is wasted. For some it is a sport but for many it is a way of life and no different than a farmer who kills his cow for meat for the winter.