Thread: Hunter killed
View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:40 PM

fair enough erykah but if you didn't want to start a debate, you shouldn't have picked on my quote.

As GG said, you're entitled to your opinion, I just don't happen to agree with it. I have chased enough hunters off of my parent's land, corraled enough 'hunting dogs' who were running my horses, and dealt with enough brainless idiots with guns that my opinions are pretty fixed on this topic.

There may be some who hunt for sustenance, but not many. I've found headless carcasses dumped on the side of the road. What is that about, if not senseless killing and lack of empathy?

If we are so married to nature that we feel we want to experience the killing of it first hand, then we should be so honest as to take our turn in the food chain. But we don't do that, do we.

I can see bow hunting. I can see culling for diseased animals. But they are looking for racks (antlers) and they're using high powered machines that they can't handle. I know there are exceptions but ... in my estimation they are few and far between.

There are better cases to spend our heart on than this one.