View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Honest Contributor

while some will argue and show "exceptions" (dogs that live a long & healthy life on a meatless diet), one must remember they are just that: exceptions. George Burns was also an exception...

quote from a site i like... it says it all!

Quote:
“I feed my dog a vegetarian diet.”

What are you, nuts? Would you feed a horse an all meat diet? Come on people—dogs are carnivores. Say it with me—car-ni-vores. It’s not a difficult concept to grasp. See the above pics for examples of just the jaw structure that supports that dogs are carnivores, and when the mouth is for a carnivore, the rest of the body follows suit.

Dogs are not omnivores. Pointy teeth unsuitable for grinding plant matter, short digestive system—they are designed to eat meat. It’s time we stop trying to convince ourselves that just because we need vegetables and feel we need grains in our diet that our animal friends need them as well.
humans can do well on a balanced vegan diet, however our little wolves in dog's clothing are designed from nose to tail to eat, digest and thrive on a meaty diet... not grains and seeds. let's leave that to the birds

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love: