View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Thanks, Chico and Shamrock. It's a really emotional time. Emotional enough that my man bought me roses... :love: I know it doesn't help as much, but I think I'd rather give a pet a forever home than foster again. Dogs have always been there for me, and giving one away, even if it was meant to be, is such a hard thing. I'm not good with separation as it is, but with a doggy, it makes it that much worse.
Prin,

You didn't give these pups away.You may have physically separated from them, but you won't ever really be so far away. Every once in a while, you'll remember them and wonder about their progress, their adjustment. Like a secret guardian. Not only do these pups have wonderful new forever parents but their part of the lucky few who also have a "PLAN B" for the rest of their lives: YOU.

You knew it would be this hard but did it anyway because you knew that guaranteeing these pups a very safe and loving life was well worth the pain of physical separation.

It takes someone very strong and level headed like you to be that transition for lost pups. And unfortunately, it takes the kind of heart that could be so broken to be strong enough to foster.

And it's a pretty good bet that when the tears subside, you'll do it again. :love: