Thread: My name is Sam.
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:54 AM
owned by Tucker

When I had to put Travis to sleep, it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life to watch him die there on the table. The only relief I got was from knowing that it would end his suffering from the bone cancer that he had. But to stand there and watch them destroy perfectly healthy animals I couldn't handle it. I wanted to be a vet growing up but didn't do it because of what you have read about these poor unwanted pets. I ended up working in a Nursing home, yes I see people die more than I care to remember, but they have lived their life, and most are suffering so its not always a bad thing. If I could get another dog now, I would get a rescue, I am thinking about doing fostering when I retire (but I have a few years to that happens) as I will be living in the country with 16 acres for the dogs to run, the only problem is knowing me I'd end up keeping them all. My heart goes out to all the Sam's in the world and all the people that deal with this day in and day out, I could never do their jobs, it takes a very special person.