Thread: Cropped or not
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:10 AM

It's really sad that you won't let a single puppy go uncropped. Why should a dog undergo such mutilation when he's going to spend his life as a pet? Traditions are one thing, but something so painful as this should be let go if the prospective owners don't want it. Traditions change all the time. The pool of knowledge changes all the time. So many old practices and traditions involving dogs are brutal and abusive. I think it's time we move on from them, into a new era of kindness and appreciation for the dogs as they are.

If I ever do get a dobie again, I will never get one that will be cropped. Good genetics or not, the cropped ears are not natural. And entirely unncessary. Do you think the dog looks in the mirror after the surgery and says, "ahh, much better!"? Even if I did like the cropped better, I couldn't fathom being responsible for such mutilation of a dog.

Oh, and Mona, there is a new dobie at our park who had the pitty crop and it was done so badly that one ear faces backward. Her ears are the reason she was abandoned. :sad: