Thread: Cropped or not
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyB
there are quite a few judges that have the same view as you and will pick a cropped over natural even if the natural eared dog was a better representation of the breed.
Now, now, don't be putting words into my mouth. Where did I say I'd choose a cropped dog over a natural one when it comes to showing? May the best dog win!

I just commented that in my breed, the uncropped ones have tended to have much bigger problems than their ears ...

The puppies I produce, the dogs that I own - they are cropped, yes. I am looking at possibly breeding to an uncropped dog in the US. I *can* see past ears, you know!

Another comment - on the whole, in general, as a rescue person I can say that we have a bit of a harder time placing the uncropped dogs. And if it has a natural tail? It's one uphill battle ... I'm not saying it's impossible. But if they are uncropped or, God forbid, undocked it will take a little longer to find them their forever home. On the whole, people recognize the Doberman as a cropped dog and it is still the bigger preference. Now, when it comes to a rescue dog, I don't personally think cropping should make a whit of difference. It's a deserving dog that needs a forever home, period.