Thread: what to do ?
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2019, 02:44 PM

Hello Papa flush;

Welcome to the forum.

What I have found from personal experience is that feeding raw, and regular brushing's lessens the allergy attacks people suffer when coming in contact with the cat. Our neighbour suffers big time from cats to the extent that he carries an EpiPen in his pocket in case he comes in contact with one. A couple years ago he came over to our place to help with some renovations for a couple of days. He was very reluctant when doing so knowing we had cats in the house, and to his surprise he had very little allergic effects from them. The only thing he found was that he felt a little more stuffy than normal, and after doing research I found that this was a good possibility from being fed raw and brushed.

In regards to feeding raw and dry food, I think if I was going that route I would be putting 2 separate bowls down at feeding time one would be the dry food, and the other would be the raw. The reason for that would be to try and help maintain body moisture which would be lost in feeding dry food only, and with the raw food alongside you could add a little water possibly a teaspoon or so to help maintain the moisture level in the cat. I have read somewhere that it is not a wise idea to mix water or moist foods with dry food.

Something you might consider doing if you have the time, and space is to make your own food. That's what I do for my 3 cats, and it's a good money saver. For instance if I'm doing turkey it runs me approximately $0.22 per cat per meal, and if I am doing a leg of lamb it's running about $0.90 per cat per meal. Something to remember is if you go this route make sure you follow a good recipe, and do not leave out the supplements.

Here's a couple of websites for you to go over, and give you some food for thought.

https://catinfo.org/

https://www.holisticat.com/index.php/en/

We would love to see a photo of your cat if possible.