View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2019, 06:17 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

ESS can be sort of squirrelly, sometimes. Our springer, Priscilla, was so jealous of hubby that, for a while, if he went to bed before me, she'd wait at the bedroom door and growl at me so she wouldn't have to share him. I started bringing treats with me to distract her, and eventually she decided I was worthy of sharing the bed with her human. Otherwise, where hubby wasn't concerned, she had a heart of gold. So I can well imagine that your Whisper was jealous of your attention! Priscilla was smart as a whip, too--another thing she and Whisper had in common. Sometimes I think they're too smart for their own good!

I hope JD and the puppy hit it off, though. I think JD will love her. I just hope he behaves himself enough not to put put her off. Maybe what I should do, is make sure puppy has a hiding place in the common area for when the cat gets overwhelming.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."