View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Hi, AyayaUwu. Welcome to the board.

What sort of surgery did Mia have? Depending on the type of surgery, limping isn't necessarily a terrible sign. It sounds like there was some infection (oozing drainage hole), so that may hurt a bit and be causing the pain. Remember that in the early days, when they're still on pain meds and there's some swelling to stabilize the healing area, the pain is masked. It's not till they're off the meds and swelling subsides that they feel the discomfort a bit more. So the limping doesn't necessarily mean that the surgery has failed.

The infection is concerning, though. Is she still on the antibiotics? If the surgery was something that penetrated a joint capsule, I'd worry that the infection might have gotten into the joint. That sort of infection can be difficult to treat. If it's a more superficial infection, the drainage is good. As the wound drains, it gets a chance to heal from the inside out, but I'd keep her on the antibiotics, as long as she tolerates them well, until she's healed.
She had a plate/pin put in her back left leg, I don't know what you would call it but the material used was titanium for a damaged ligament. Also is on all prescribed medication that was given to us for her to take, including the ones to help reduce the swelling that was happening in her leg.

Just confused that despite still being on these meds, that she has returned back to limping and still having the oozing come out. How long do you think this should last the oozing?

Seems the wound is a bit better from last night as my mum has tried putting some antibiotic cream around it and was cleaning the wound with some luke-warm water to then dry it off to try make sure to keep it dry, even pressed at the top of the wound where it has pretty much completely healed and some more drainage came out from the bottom (where the drainage is), it didn't hurt or was in any discomfort, so I don't know.