Thread: JD the Charmer
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I hope we're doing right by him. Having no cat experience, I worry about everything. The latest thing is overgrooming.

He had surgery on his back in September and needed to be in a cone for a month to let it heal. I'd take the cone off 3 times or so a day so he could groom, but he started overgrooming his tail, which was the only thing he could reach while wearing the cone. Now, even though the cone is long gone, there is a section on his tail that is losing hair from grooming. I've heard that overgrooming can be a sign of stress or boredom? *sigh* We try to make him happy, but what do we know? Nada....we're mainly dog people.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."