View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

A reputable breeder generally will not let a puppy under 8 weeks old go to a new home and depending where you are it may actually be illegal to do so.

https://www.animallaw.info/topic/tab...e-sale-puppies

If puppy is in a less than ideal situation right now then there might be extenuating circumstances but you should be investigating the breeder to assure yourself of how the puppy is being housed and brought up. Not guessing, not unless you are willing to take a chance on health and temperament, and for sure it's to be hoped you are not considering paying a BYB for a puppy. A rescue puppy, now that's a different thing.

AT six weeks old many if not most puppies have blue eyes. Maybe not bright blue though.

When you say "husky" what breed do you mean? Siberian? Just curious. They are the breed I've had the most trouble with, mean, nasty, aggressive and I think it's mainly becasue they had owners who did not give them the amount of work and exercise the breed needs. I know it's the owners' fault.

LOL, you want them to play together when you are at work? Inside your house? Yikes, last thing I'd want to come home to is a wrecked house. The puppy really should be for YOU, not for your other dog. What do YOU want to do with the puppy?

Good luck. There was a red Siberian near me, used to meet his owner on dog walks. He was beautiful but a handful because she could not let him off leash, she didn't sled, and she found it very hard to exercise him to the extent he really needed.