View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Willing cat servant

Guess what? He learned to retrieve yesterday so now we can play fetch.
Now off topic I couldn't remember where I put my leash tonight and since Im so excited about the fetching I went outside with him off leash (and that's not allowed in this community) and we were playing and I got in trouble with a neighbor who was walking a small, puffy, white dog that got aggressive but leashed so I was at fault. The guy told me we're not supposed to do that and I said you're right I shouldn't be out like this. I lost my leash I'm sorry. It was hard for me to grab Ragnar because the guy is an absolute noob at controlling his dog. I could tell and I'm new at this. Anyway I took it all because it was my error. He and the dog kept walking and they stopped at my parents house by coincidence and I had Ragnar strongly grabbed by the collar, he went on the floor and then struggled to leave to the point I had to let him go and the guy wouldn'tleave so Ragnar caught up trying to play with the dog.
Long story short even when I apologized the guy started to boss me around and being a jerk because he didn't understood I lived right there and was trying to put the dog inside and he kept yelling and spinning and scolding (he also thought I was a teenager or something I could tell by the way he was talking to me. It was night time he couldn't see well lol ) Stay stil, damn it. I already apologized and won't happen again. I said and then I grabbed Ragnar.
There's not a bylaw rule however it's a rule inside the gated community.
Why the story? Just because Winston JUST mentioned the off leash privileges.
The guy was rude and defiant, however, none of that would have happened if I respected the rules. I am human and I made a mistake and after this experience this won't happen to me in Canada, plus, it's against the law. Even when the other dog is the aggressive one I can put my dog at risk by a reckless action like going off leash in a leash only area.
So for new users in the forum reading this: Don't make the same mistake as me. It could bring worse consequences than an unpleasant fight with a neighbor. It's irresponsible. I really don't know what was I thinking.

As for the ideas they're all great. Already googling indoor playgrounds for dogs. Maybe one of these days I'll post some pics of the "little" rascal HE'S 57 POUNDS ALREADY!
Lesson learned.

Last edited by Koteburo; February 13th, 2016 at 12:47 AM.