Thread: Dog dementia
View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2015, 01:37 PM

I think vertigo is more of an inner ear thing. Our younger dog went through vestibulitis and had bad vertigo. The dementia is when beta amyloid plaques deposit in the brain, just like in humans. They both cause spinning. Even dogs that have brain tumors or strokes can also spin but her ears check out fine. She àlso doesn't have issues during the day.

I'm sorry about your Mom MaxaLisa. It is difficult to see the changes age brings. I find there is something unsettling when someone you love is going through that and their personality is changing as well. It is very difficult.
I will consider the pain meds again. I have been reluctant because of the side effects just because she is doing so well in other ways. I would hate to give her something that causes another issue. Maybe I will go back to the small dose of aspirin to see if that helps. I do give natural eggshell membrane which apparently has glucosamine and turmeric powder.

The hemp paste is interesting. I wonder if that is the same as canine cannibis? I have no idea where that sort of thing is available but have heard of it being very effective for humans and dogs experiencing dementia. Don't know much about it.