View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2015, 08:57 PM

seizure or something happened to my 9lb 9 yr old maltese

Hello. I had a gorgeous blonde haired 9yr old 9 lb maltese. She was a vibrant .. hyper. High strung lots of barking dog. Up until this past Saturday night. Let me take you back about 3 months ago .. she had a 3 cm tumor removed off of her underbelly that they said was cancer but vets believed they got it all. Two weeks after surgery and stich removal we went to Florida for 3 weeks. She recouped nicely . Ran and played and chased other dogs. Like a new puppy again. . Came back to Ohio and a total of almost 3 months that she had surgery she had a seizure while we were gone and 12 hours later she had passed. .. we came in from a not out last Saturday night, I noticed her on the floor and her 8 yr old daughter kissy was on the chair. But Gigit want coming to the door like she normally does to greet me. I called her name . .. no response. I offered her a treat no response. . I then knelt down and looked in her face and looked like she was confused. She was wet in her face and shaking a little and weak. I then called or emergency vets office they said bring her in. They ran full blood work. No high sugars kidney liver heart urine all was normal. So put her on a saline drip she starts to jump . So Dr. Says he wants to keep her over night. At 730am that same morning she had a bad seizure Dr. Said. . He gave her Valium and phelebarbutraite (spelling) to calm her and said let's wait until Monday morning. She may sleep it off. 8am I got the dreaded call. Gigit had passed at 1130 the night before. Dr. Cannot figure out why. He thinks she either got into something (highly unlikely, I with them 24-7) could the stress from surgery and running to Florida cause her brain to just shut down? Or could have something bit her and caused this? Never had she had any seizures before. . I lost my beloved girl Saturday night 2015