View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:26 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Lots of ways to interpret this. Personally, I place zero blame on the victim and feel she should of course be compensated. Petting a strange dog is not the best idea but it does not make you responsible for the outcome imo.....especially when the dog is in a store.

The primary blame imo is the dog's owner. Her dog. her responsibility. Period.
Don't bring it unleashed in public and there will be no issue. If the dog really had zero history of aggression, still too bad. Her dog. Her responsibility, period. The best child in the world that breaks a neighbor's window only once, or punches someone in the face only once. Parent's kid. Parent's responsibility, parent should pay damages, period.

The secondary blame is on the store because of their ridiculous and ambiguous policy. Without a doubt that will change really fast and imo it should. Animals have no place in stores unless they are service animals. People have allergies, biting potential - etc. Of course this is all just opinion but i feel pretty strongly about it.
Oh, I get to play devil's advocate again!!
Zero blame on the victim? Really? Is she not an adult who should know what may happen by petting a dog she really does not know? Yes, she had "seen it around" before. Does not mean she spent time with it petting it and getting to know it. Petting a dog you really don't know is something you are entirely responsible for. JMO though. Also - if indeed this dog is 12 years old and has never bitten before why would the owner expect it to bite this time?
And allergies? Yes, I know you are speaking about service animals being allowed in stores in the future but IMO there is no correlation. How about we ban people who have colds, fevers, communicable diseases from stores? Again . I work in a store where people come in all the time, sneeze all over everything, don't cover their mouth with their arm, sneeze or cough into their hand and then give me money with that same hand. I'd much rather see them being kept out of a store than a service dog who is doing it's job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon W View Post
Thank you I will not explain about how we(pitbull owners) feel about this situation. I do not agree with your statement. WE are not saying kill all shih tzus we are trying to bring light on the situation of the bsl. Sad part is this shih tzsu tht you are defending, will probably still be able to live after this incident. A pitbull wouldnt no questions asked....so please please dont think for a second we are trying to degrade a specific breed.
We all know how strongly PB advocates' feel about this ban. As has been said before - you are fairly new here. Please get to know who you are addressing before taking on a woman who has been on the front line for a long time. JMO of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
And If my poor feeble mind is correct, I helped with a few fund raisers to help STOP the pit bull ban in Ontario. We only raised about 25 K over the years for lawyers. I donated time and money to stop this injustice. I know lots of pitties, trust them with my small ones...no because I understand prey drive. There are no bad dogs just dumb owners.
No need to ever explain yourself Shay. We know what you do every single day of your life. You know that saying "Walk the walk" folks? She does.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!