Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Why are some dog owners so lazy?? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=85046)

Barkingdog January 20th, 2014 11:52 AM

Why are some dog owners so lazy??

I took Marty to the park to play in the snow and do his business and when I got home and into my unit to take my boots off I saw that I also brought home someone dog poop too! It was all over my new boot , the snow had covered up the poop and I did not see it . :censored:

I hate stepping into dog poop and having to clean it off my shoes or boots!
This so unconsidered to other people that use the park. I am glad Marty did not step into some poop too. YUCKY! I also stopped to buy gas and did not realize I had poop all over my boot when I went to pay for the gas .
It's hard enough getting around in the winter and having to worry about stepping to poop is a drag.

momoftwofuzzies January 20th, 2014 01:01 PM

I agree! I've been lucky so far this year (knock on wood!) but last year a couple of days I stepped in another dog's poop. It's like they think it will just melt over the winter with the snow but of course it doesn't! I live in an apartment so I have to walk my dogs a few times a day.....and avoid the poop bombs!:wall:

hazelrunpack January 20th, 2014 01:03 PM

I agree--totally inconsiderate. Especially if it was at a dog park where they actually supply the bags for cleanup! :frustrated:

Barkingdog January 20th, 2014 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1064184]I agree--totally inconsiderate. Especially if it was at a dog park where they actually supply the bags for cleanup! :frustrated:[/QUOTE]

We have 3 parks that supply the bags for cleanup and have deposit boxes that is only for dog poop and you'll not believe how many people still do up pickup after their dogs. When I use to take my last dog to the beach I would leave a bag filled of dog poop from other people dogs and a bag filled of trash people left on the beach. I once found twenty dollars on the beach and I said that was my tip! So that is you spelled 'inconsiderate '
I knew I was spelling it wrong but I could not get spell check to help me.

momof2 , I agree with you that people must think the poop will melt with the snow , I was thinking to myself I hope I do not step on a poop bomb and sure enough I did. The duck pond I go to have trash cans all around the park plus 2 poop deposit boxes and people still do not pickup their poop .
That is very inconsiderate.

Longblades January 20th, 2014 03:57 PM

I know. :( Someone down our trail with a little dog just gathers some leaves and sticks to cover it. Now that it's winter they push snow over it. How much harder would it be to bag it or flick it into the brush beside the trail?

I do know how some piles get left though, those ones that proliferate in spring when the snow has melted away. Their dog goes off the trail, usually just a narrow footpath in the snow, to poop. If they step off to pick it up they sink much further into the deep snow than the dog did, so they leave it. Come spring we all find it's ON the wider bare ground trail. I stepped off our trail last week and went up over my knees into snow. The crust would hold my dog but not me.